Elementor is a plugin that functions for front end customization, also known as a page builder. There are tons of features in it. However, what’s the best element plugin features for WordPress that is often used? If you are using this plugin to enhance your website’s appearance, you are sure to be familiar with the default features, functions, how to use features, and several other.
But for those of you who are installing the Elementor plugin for the first time, you may be confused and not familiar with the features in it, or even still not familiar with the features and benefits of being a page builder. In this article, I want to explain some of the best features that you can find in the element, functions, and how to use these features to maximize your website. The following main features are installed by default in the Elementor plugin as shown below.
Meanwhile, if you want to install more complete features, you can add the addons facility. To get add-ons, you can install via WordPress official site, both free and paid. From some of the best features as above, inside there are several menus that have different functions. All of these features can be used as needed. For more details, here is a menu that you can use along with an explanation for each of these menus.
The best elemental feature first is “Basic”. This feature is installed by default when you install the Elementor plugin. By using some of the menus contained in this feature, you can already enhance your website’s appearance, starting from creating columns, creating articles based on categories, inserting videos, and others. For more details, below the following features lists.
- Inner Section: functions to add columns to existing blocks. You can make several settings to create blocks that can be inserted images, articles, videos, and other features in it. If you create a website specifically for the company profile, the inner section feature can be used.
- Heading: This feature is used to create article titles, for example, you write through a text editor. You can customize the color, font size, and font type. The heading is widely used at the front end in the “Home” menu. By using the “heading” menu, the front end view can be more interesting.
- Image: if a web page requires several images that need to be inserted, you can add a menu of images to the content that you created. Can also be used for gallery products. How to use it is quite easy. First, you have to make a block in the desired area into several columns. After that, drag and drop the menu images. After that, you just paste the picture as needed.
- Text Editor: is the area used for writing, whether articles, product descriptions, or “front end” website pages. How to use it is also easy, simply by drag and drop to the area you want, then you can write to that area. By default, it functions the same as a text editor that is used to write articles or pages. In the text editor, you can choose the font size, style (italic, bold, underline), insert images, alignment, article links, bullets, and also the font color.
- Video: functions to insert a video into a web page, both in articles, pages, or another menu. You simply enter the video link that you want to insert. Some supported video platforms include Youtube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion. Some features that you can get in the video menu include: start time, end time, video options (autoplay, mute, loop, player control, and several other menus. Options for each menu can be adjusted via the “ON-OFF” button in it.
- Button: serves to link, both internal links or external links. Some settings that can be done on the “button” feature include button type, custom text, links, text alignment, text size, and icon spacing. Button color choices available include blue, red, green, and orange.
- Divider: is a menu that functions as a separator between elements. Some settings that can be used on the divider menu are the width of the divider, choosing the shape of the divider (there are more than 20 patterns), color settings, divider size, and several other settings you can adjust. Divider Menu is very good for beautifying the website to appear more simple.
- Spacer: is a menu that functions to adjust the distance between elements, usually used in block areas. You can adjust the vertical distance.
- Google Maps: for this one menu is used as a location. With this menu, you can insert Google Maps on a web page, the location of maps, zoom, size of high and wide, and several other customize according to your website design.
Similarly, several menus contained in the “basic” Elementor plugin. With the right settings, you can get a beautiful and modern website. If you want to add a powerful feature, you can consider upgrading to the “pro” element. Here are some features you can enjoy if you use pro features.
This feature is a paid feature that you can get to complete Elementor plugins. There are many menus that very useful for optimizing websites. Some menus on the pro Elementor plugin include:
- Posts: the menu on the Elementor pro plugin that can be used to control the appearance of several article posts. If you have a website that contains many articles, this menu is very useful, such as for setting categories, thumbnails, recent posts, and archives.
- Portfolios: used to display multiple portfolios in the form of galleries. In this menu, you can manage photos, text, and also links to other pages on your website. Very suitable for company profile websites, online resumes, and several types of websites.
- Gallery: Do you have an online store or product catalog? The gallery feature on the Elementor page builder is very good to be used as a means to display several products on one page. The designs that can be displayed on this menu are “masonry”.
- Form: one of the most widely used menus on Elementor WordPress plugins is “form”. Form facilities are used to interact with visitors, both for surveys, online shopping, collecting email lists, newsletters, and several other options. This feature is easy to use and adapted to your needs.
- Slides: used to beautify a website with several images, especially the “home pages” section. Some settings can be done include the number of slides, image size, navigation menu, text area, and several other interesting settings. But before using the slide menu on the element, you must provide the best photo that will be used.
- Navigation Menu: used to create various menu designs, ranging from dropdowns, mega menus, color menu settings, and several other interesting features.
- Pricing Table: if your website is engaged in services, such as hosting packages, tutorials, webinars, website developer, google ads services, etc., usually requires a price comparison for each package offered. To facilitate this, the Elementor plugin is equipped with “pricing table” addons that can be used for these needs.
- Flip Box: this feature is usually used for websites that want to look attractive with some customize in the front end. One interesting feature of the “pro Elementor” plugin is the flip box. With this menu you can create animated images or product galleries easily, just drag and drop. Some settings that can be used in the flip box facilities include hover, text customization, animation gallery, and several other features. Very good if you have a website that presents a lot of images, for example, architecture website, fashion, photography, and others.
- Call to Action: in this feature, there are buttons that function to direct to internal links or external links. Usually widely used as a feature in product promotion, both digital products or physical products. Like other features on Elementor Pro, you can adjust the color of the button, the color of the text, font size, button width, and several other settings. If you want to promote a product through landing pages, the existence of the “call to action” feature is very important to try.
- Media Carousel: the features and menus are almost the same as the slider, both how to adjust and customize some of the menus in it. You can make a carousel to put on the front page. The main features of the carousel include customize images, font size, colorize, and other settings that you can optimize.
- Testimonials: there are times when we have to display reviews from customers who have used our services. You can display a variety of testimonial concepts, one of which is “testimonial carousel”, where the review displayed can move according to the settings.
- Review: outline the same function with testimonials. Through this menu you can adjust several settings, starting from the customer photo, text area to write a review, adding some elements in the block, and other settings that may be needed.
- Table of Content: if you write an article that is quite long and consists of several subtitles, it is strongly recommended to insert a “table of content” in the article. This feature besides being able to enhance the appearance of the article is also very good for SEO because Google bot will easily find articles that are equipped with easy navigation.
- Countdown: features related to time management. Usually often found on landing page websites or online stores. Often used for promotions or discounts on a product, such as downloading ebooks, retail products, and others. For setting the “countdown” feature is quite easy, you just enter the timely reminder that will be displayed on the website.
- Share button: want to share articles through social media? The share button feature might be the best choice. How to use it is to drag and drop the menu into the page area. Then you can do some settings, such as entering the URL of the social media you want to use. The share button feature can display almost all existing social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Whatsapp, G +, Digg, and other social media.
- Blockquote: used to enhance the appearance of a paragraph in an article, where the size of the writing in the paragraph is usually larger. With the blockquote menu, a blog visitor can read what the contents of the article are.
- Facebook Button: this feature is different from the share button as previously discussed. A Facebook button allows you to share articles of your choice, such as to share pages, tags, walls, or other menu options.
- And several other “pro Elementor plugin” features that you can try, including Facebook comment, Facebook embed, Facebook Pages, and Templates.
Those are some menus and features that you can find if you buy “pro Elementor addon” to optimize the website that you manage. If it is still deemed inadequate, there are several websites that specifically sell addons, such as ThemeForest.
You can find a variety of quite interesting features here. General features on the Elementor plugin are integrated by default and free. As with basic features, general features consist of several menus that you can use to optimize the appearance of the website. General features are usually only as a complement to menus that do not yet exist in the “basic features”. What are the menus? The following menus and uses of these features include:
- Images Box: if you want to put photos or images on a web page, you can customize them according to your needs (size, border, rounded corner), etc., images box can be used for those needs. Its use is easy and simple, drag and drop. Consists of several image sizes that can be selected (full, thumbnail, medium, large, and custom). In the photo, you can also write a caption.
- Icon Box: usually used in the text area. What’s interesting about the “icon box” feature is that you can choose various examples of icons, and are very complete. The size, color, position and icon design can be easily adjusted.
- Basic Gallery: if the website that you manage is a website related to fashion, architecture, services, photography, then the basic gallery features can be the right choice. You can display many pictures or photos through this menu. The settings are also easy. In the image’s area, you can insert an unlimited number of images. Menu options available include image size, number of columns, links, and lightboxes.
- Icon List: used on several websites that provide services and consists of several options. For each icon list option, the menu settings include title text, icon, and URL link.
- Counter: widely used for web company profiles that already have a lot of customers. The counter function is here to display data, for example, the number of customers, the number of projects that have been done, and others. In essence, the existence of a “counter” is used to display the work performance of a company.
- Progress Bar: serves to display the status of an activity that is still in progress, done, and also planning. But you can do several settings in the menu, including title, type, percentage, display percentage, and inner text.
- Tabs: this facility is very suitable for use on eCommerce websites, namely for the description tabs, specifications, and also the review column. Use this tab to be one with the product items in an eCommerce website. Each tab can be filled with information about the product.
- And several other menus that you can still optimize, including accordion, toggle, social icon, SoundCloud, shortcode, HTML, sidebar, and read more. If all the menus in the list above are used optimally, your website will look professional and attractive.
For the list contained in “site features”, I will only give a few menus that are often used. This site feature is a paid addon. If you are interested in trying some of the menus in it, here are the details:
- Navigation Menu
- Table of Content
- Search Form
- Author Box
- Post comments
- Post Navigation
- Post Info
- Cart Menu
- Site Logo
- Site Title
- Page Title
- Post Title
- Post Excerpt
- Features Images
- Archive Title
- And Archive Posts
If you are interested and want to try “Site Features”, you can buy the addon. So that the website performance is not heavy, it is strongly recommended to choose a menu that if needed. Do not install all the menus, because this can cause in loading your website can be slow.
These addons are very good if you want to create an online store. With some of the features and facilities contained in these addons, it can already function as a supporter of the “online store” that you manage. Some of these features are indeed a must if you want to manage an eCommerce, starting from the menu cart, products, descriptions, prices, and others. For more details about what features if you buy “woo-commerce” addons for Elementor plugins? The following list is from the menu:
- Product Archives
- Woocommerce Breadcrumbs
- Custom add to cart
- Woocommerce Pages
- Products Categories
- Cart Menu
- Products Title
- Product Images
- Product Price
- Product Rating
- Product Stock
- Short Description
- Product Data Tabs
- Additional Info
- Related Products
Some of the features above do not need to be used at all. You can choose the main features of an eCommerce product, such as add to cart, product description, price, menu, and additional info. The rest is only as a compliment. However, if your website and hosting performance is not affected if you add several menus above, you can use all of these menus.
For WordPress Elementor features you can get it for free because it is the default when installing the Elementor plugin. Some features that you can use are pretty much too, and usually, the concept of using the menu here is almost the same as the widget facility. Some menu “WordPress addons” for Elementor include:
- The page
- The video
- Recent Posts
- Recent Comments
- Cloud tag
- Navigation Menu
- Custom HTML
- Google Maps
- And several other menus
WordPress Elementor plugins are also the best choice if you don’t want to use “paid” addons because they might be too expensive. From some description and details about Elementor plugins and addons, if you are able to do some settings, then you can get a good website performance, both in terms of appearance, website functionality, loading speed, SEO, UI, UX, and several other benefits with the use of best Elementor plugin for WordPress.